History of Ring:
The school was founded in the year 1879 and when it reached 2003 the university first launched the official ring for its beloved students. This ring has been designed delicately with fine precisions and a lot of elements which is holding greater significance. This ring is provided to all the students who are a part of the Sam Houston State University. This Sam Houston state class ring marks the journey throughout the under graduation time and after graduation, it indicates that they are now ready to take on the world.
The ring contains a lot of elements which has been described further:
- On the one side, the year of graduation will be engraved.
- On the other side, one can find the Austin Hall, which is the oldest building used for educational purpose.
- In the heart of the ring, you can find the star with SH, which stands for the State of Texas.
- Honour word is also engraved on the band for imitating the ring which Sam Houston wore when he was joining the Army of U.S. The design is so intricate that it will showcase the quality of the students studying under this university.
- Sam Houston state university class ring ceremony also happens when these rings are officially handed to the fellow students.
The official ceremony of the first ring commenced in 2004. During this ceremony, all the achievement of the Sam Houston State University is celebrated in the museum. This ring celebration is done for respecting all the understudies who are a part of Sam Houston state university ring tradition. During the fall semester, this celebration is encountered where all the recognized students, family and the college delegates for honoring the achievement of the students. It is more than a ring to the people of SHSU.